Tuesday, May 12, 2009

.Bath.

Ok warning: there are a lot of pictures coming up...but, they are all worth looking at! On Saturday we took a day trip to Bath, England. After going to the train station three times the day before to get the right tickets (no thanks to Boop our ticket salesman) and an hour and a half train ride, we made it! It was cold when we first got there, but we quickly began our adventure. Bath is a very old city...it is most famous for the Roman Baths that were created when the Romans took over England. They wanted to make the place feel more like home. When we went on the tour I couldn't believe what I was looking at! The fact that they were able to construct something such as the Baths was so intriguing. I just don't know how they had the tools and the knowledge to figure out there was a hot springs below...and then turn it into the worlds first country club! It was so magical, and I felt like I could picture what it must've been like! 
It really looks this magical!!

After our the Bath's we visited the Bath Abbey, another Beautiful Cathedral. 

Bath is also known as the home of Jane Austin...we stopped by her home and saw some of the monumental Jane Austin sites as well! 

We spent much of the time strolling around the town and walking into every pastry, chocolate, candy, and cafe. It was dangerous! We ate good food, saw beautiful historical sites, and had a fabulous time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment